Senior Tax Accountant- Marysville OfficeApply Today
For over 100 years, Holbrook & Manter has provided accounting, tax and audit services to closely held and family-owned business owners. We are employee-owned and have several locations across the Central Ohio region.
This is a full-time position and is accountable for providing a wide-ranging level of support to the Tax department in a demanding and gratifying environment. Requirements include communication, organizational, technical and process skills, and the ability to prioritize numerous tasks.
The ideal candidate should be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and should be equipped to execute a variety of accounting tasks for multiple clients. We will work with you to meet your goals as a professional and help you design a path that promotes both your personal and professional growth and development.
Our firm offers opportunities for self-growth and continued learning as well as a competitive salary, unlimited PTO, excellent benefits, and CPA program. The well-being of our team members and our community are important to us, so we offer flexible schedule arrangements, opportunities for remote or hybrid work, and charitable contribution matching, as well as opportunities to take part in hands- on service projects. Your personal life-work balance is important to us, and we will help you design a mutually beneficial schedule.
- Preparation and review of individual, corporate and trust returns.
- Handle routine client tax questions and works with clients to collect necessary information for tax return completion and compliance
- Conduct tax research to resolve client’s needs.
- Work collaboratively to provide overflow and backup support for other team members.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the tax department.
- Bookkeeping and financial statement preparation
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field
- CPA designation.
- 5 plus years experience
- Strong comfortability with technology with the ability and desire to embrace necessary software applications.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Flexibility to change direction frequently between tasks and between different clients.
- Proven ability to work in a high-volume, fast paced, deadline-driven environment and handle multiple projects while prioritizing, planning and organizing projects simultaneously.
- Previous background in tax return preparation and review of 1040, 1065, 1120S, 1120 and 1041 returns.
- Experience with financial statement preparation, a plus.
- Payroll processing and payroll tax reporting and knowledge of Ohio payroll tax laws, a plus.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision as well as work cooperatively with all levels of management and employees.
- Experience with CS Professional Suite a plus.
More about what we offer:
- Competitive pay
- Stock ownership in Holbrook & Manter
- Unlimited PTO
- Excellent health insurance options including dental and vision
- Disability, life and accident insurance plans
- Continuing education
- Charitable contribution matching program
- Top-notch technology offerings
- Flexible work arrangements
- Mentoring program
- Team building activities
- Social opportunities
Resumes should be submitted to confidentially to Sherry Keller, Human Resources Manager at SKeller@holbrookmanter.com
*** Resumes should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org ***
Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
Excellent health insurance, including medical and dental
Charitable contribution matching program
Continuing education opportunities
Flexible work arrangements & Unlimited time off